Investment policy of the Republic of Komi
The formation and identification of long-term priorities for the Komi economic policy and, hence, increasing the transparency of the business environment is one of the key factors for improved business activity and investment attractiveness of the Republic.
To this end, the Government of the Republic of Komi has created a system of advance planning. The basis of this system is the Strategy of Economic and Social Development of the Komi Republic that defines the basic goals, objectives and priorities of economic and social development of the Republic up to 2020.
Within the framework of the Strategy by the Government of the Republic of Komi, a balanced investment policy is systematically built up.
Its key areas are as follows:
- creation of a regional investment policy that meets long-term national interests;
- state support for priority industries, infrastructure and social services, as well as strengthened controlling of the use of the budgetary funds;
- intensification of foreign capital attraction taking into account the national and economic security of the country.
The authorities of the Republic of Komi, in accordance with the laws of the Russian Federation and the Republic of Komi, guarantees for all the subjects of investment activity, irrespective of ownership:
- equal rights in the implementation of investment activities;
- transparency in the discussion of investment projects;
- compliance with the terms of contracts and investment agreements with
the subjects of investment activities;
- investment protection;
- encourage investment;