The formation and identification of long-term priorities for the Komi economic policy and, hence, increasing the transparency of the business environment is one of the key factors for improved business activity and investment attractiveness of the Republic.
To this end, the Government of the Republic of Komi has created a system of advance planning. The basis of this system is the Strategy of Economic and Social Development of the Komi Republic that defines the basic goals, objectives and priorities of economic and social development of the Republic up to 2020.
Within the framework of the Strategy by the Government of the Republic of Komi, a balanced investment policy is systematically built up.
Its key areas are as follows:
- creation of a regional investment policy that meets long-term national interests;
- state support for priority industries, infrastructure and social services, as well as strengthened controlling of the use of the budgetary funds;
- intensification of foreign capital attraction taking into account the national and economic security of the country.
The authorities of the Republic of Komi, in accordance with the laws of the Russian Federation and the Republic of Komi, guarantees for all the subjects of investment activity, irrespective of ownership:
- equal rights in the implementation of investment activities;
- transparency in the discussion of investment projects;
- compliance with the terms of contracts and investment agreements with
the subjects of investment activities;
- investment protection;
- encourage investment;
- stable rights of the investment subjects.
The Republic of Komi has a high investment potential. The basic highlights of investment attractiveness of the region are as follows:
- the political, social and economic stability;
- the existence of regulatory framework supporting investment activity;
- a unique combination of mineral resources in terms of reserves, occurrence, diversity and quality;
- cheap energy;
- high-skilled staff;
- the budget system's own financial resources and high quality financial management.
According to the results of 2016, the amount of capital investments aimed at the socio-economic development of the Republic of Komi was up RUR 200,4 bln.
The highest investments were made in capital assets in:
- transport and communication;
- mining operations;
- power, gas and water production, transmission and distribution,
- public health and social services development.
Council for improving of investment climate in the Komi Republic is approved by the Decree of the Government of the Republic of Komi No.522 from December 31, 2010. The document approved composition and the provision on Council.
The approved Plan of Council operation (in Russian only)
This section is in construction